- Asphalt Roads and Surfaces
- UAV Services
- 3D Laser Scanning
Specialised UAVs and the UAV mapping process boast a number of cutting-edge technologies. The UAVs themselves are manufactured from superior-strength composite materials such as Kevlar-Mylar blends and carbon fibre. The platforms are built to be strong enough to comfortably take a reasonable payload and operate in a predictable manner in variable weather conditions. They are also manufactured to be light enough to be easily manoeuverable in the air and pack down into easily transportable dimensions once back on the ground.
With a payload capacity up to 6kg, the Synergy Positioning team can fit any of their UAV fleet with either a mini camera or traditional SLR camera for photo capture work, or provide a live video feed through a gimbal-mounted camera.
Obtained data can take various forms depending on the needs of the client and what the data will be utilised for. These data forms include:
- 3cm GSD (ground sample distance – pixel resolution) high detail tiled orthophotography or re-sampled to a lesser resolution
- With sufficient ground control, the data is spatially accurate to two pixels due to high fore and side overlap of photos
- The data can be supplied in uncompressed or compressed image formats with associated world files.
TERRAIN AND SURFACE MODELS
- Output options range from sparse to extremely dense point clouds (up to 400 points per square metre) with colour values
- Classification of pointclouds into ground and above-ground points, or further classification into vegetation classes, buildings, power poles/pylons etc
- Irregular or gridded DSM or DTM deliverables with optional colour values, TIN models, contours
- Data can be supplied in all common CAD and GIS file formats
Related Case Studies
Flight at 4150m AMSL Chile (C-Astral Bramor)...Read More
Synergy Positioning Systems’ UAV consultancy service provides New Zealand Steel with a safe and fast way of acquiring stockpile volume data. New Zealand Steel has been utilising Synergy Positioning Systems’ Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (...Read More