- Machine Control
- GNSS Equipment
- Total Stations
- Lasers and Levels
- Aerial Mapping Systems
- Measuring Instruments
- Field Controllers
- Topcon Laser Scanning
- FARO Laser Scanning
- Mobile Mapping
- Hydrographic Survey Equipment
- Survey Accessories
- Lighting Systems
Your rental enquiry
- Measuring Instruments
- Structural Crack Monitoring
- Buildera Crackmon 3D Three-Axis Crack Monitor
Buildera Crackmon 3D Three-Axis Crack Monitor
The Buildera CRACKMON® 3D Three-Axis Crack Monitor is a stainless-steel, industrial-grade crack monitor for the repair, restoration, and long-term monitoring of concrete, masonry, plaster, stucco, and steel structures where 3-axis measurements are required. Most crack monitors or crack meters measure in one or two dimensions, but not all three. The CRACKMON® 3D is ideal for foundation and basement restoration, seismic retrofitting, or any structural, geotechnical, or civil engineering project that requires ongoing monitoring of structural defects and cracks in multiple dimensions.
Available in flush, inside, and exterior-corner mount versions, Buildera manufactures each CRACKMON® 3D in the USA using state-of-the-art precision laser cutting. Durable type-304 stainless steel with high-contrast laser-etched markings provide permanent readability even in harsh, corrosive outdoor environments.
Fasteners and epoxy supplied separately.
- Airports, bridges, dams, highways, power plants
- Basements, beams, foundations, retaining walls
- Commercial and residential structures, historic monuments
- Seismic retrofits
- Unreinforced masonry (URM/URB)
Features and Benefits
- Measure cracks in 3D: Ideal for non-planar offset cracks
- Three mounting options: Flush, inside, and outside corners
- Three-axis range: ±12 mm (X), ±6 mm (Y), ±7 mm (Z)
- High resolution: ±1 mm (±0.04”) on X, Y & Z axes
- Rugged: 18-gauge type-304 stainless steel resists corrosion
- Permanent Markings: Laser-etched grid won't fade or rub off
- Proven quality: Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Crack Range: ±12 mm (X), ±6 mm (Y), ±7 mm (Z)
- Discrimination (Visual): ±1 mm on X, Y & Z axes
- Weight: 59 grams
- Material: 18-ga (0.047" typ.) Type 304 stainless steel
- Finish: #4 light-grained finish (top surface). Minor cosmetic flaws due to cutting and bending are normal and do not affect functionality.
- Coefficient of Linear Expansion: 17 μm/m-ºC, 0 to +100 ºC
- Installation Method: Thixotropic (non-sagging) 5-minute epoxy and/or fasteners (sold separately). Buildera recommends epoxy when using fasteners to help prevent inadvertent slippage.
- Recommended Fastener: 1-1/4" #6 (M3.5) or #8 (M4.2) stainless-steel pan-head sheet-metal screws with serrated external-tooth lock washers. Use tamper-resistant fasteners for improved security.
- Anchor: Toggler® A5 (3/16" dia). Drill 1-1/2"-deep hole.
- Environmental: Reusable and recyclable
- Country of Origin: Engineered and made in the USA